Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Agony of Defeat

It is so much better to be the underdog-no pressure and nowhere to go but up. When you're on top, the only place to go is down and it is a painful fall. Spencer had All-stars last Saturday and as I said before, he was seeded #1. I'm not sure what happened, but he added about a second to his time and finished #5 (which is what he got last year). I felt like I wanted to cry (Since I guess I am that kind of mother-thank goodness for sunglasses)and he was one very sad boy for the rest of the day. I knew how much pride he takes in his swimming. He suffers from "middle-childitis" and so I love it when he excels at things and it's just not how the season should have ended. Swimming is just so unforgiving-I think all five of them were w/ in a second of each other. He still holds the #2 time for the entire league, so we're focusing on that. Of course, he be just a great a kid if he finished dead last. I just love that kid.

3 comments:

  1. So impossible when it comes down to a second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, being seeded at 1st at all-stars is an ACCOMPLISHMENT! We've never even made all-stars! He must be a REALLY awesome swimmer. I wish I could see him sometime!!! Maybe next year at all-stars (since we have a meet every other Saturday except that one:))))!!!

    ReplyDelete