Friday, September 17, 2010

New Orleans Day 1

Our first stop was at the Autobahn Insectorium. It was very fun (way more fun then the car). My parents actually met us there which was really fun. There was lots of bug exhibits. Our favorite was the "snack bar". Everything was made w/ insects. Scott tried the chocolate chirpcookies (complete w/ grasshoppers) and some salsa w/ meal worms. Spencer tried a cookie too, but spit it out-none of the rest of us were interested. I did bring home some recipes, so drop me a line if you need some.


Of course there was a butterfly house and they kept landing on us.
Best hairbow ever-may I should sell them in my etsy store? Wouldn't PETA love that. It stayed there forever.
Since, I didn't fill up on bugs, I was pretty hungry. My parent's had eaten here the night before, and thought ahead to make us a reservation. It was awesome having a date and the food was incredible. I could really get used to world class dining. I wanted to take pics of our food, but didn't know if that was tacky. My goal is to eat at more celebrity chef's places asap.
BAMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment