Yesterday, we were out front. Eddie ran back inside to get his shoes and comes screaming out of the garage- blood gushing out of his face. He had a huge mangled red mess in his mouth and I though he bit his tongue off. This about put me in shock, until he spit out the huge mangled red mess and I remembered he had been eating a fruit roll-up. He had fallen, face first, into the wooden steps leading from the garage into the house. His nose was huge and out of shape, and I knew we needed to head to the ER. My neighbors were out on the porch and I yelled for them to come over. They stayed w/ him while I ran in the house to grab my purse etc. My one neighbor just had surgery, but still agreed to take Eddie's friend that was spending the afternoon w/ us. As I raced up to Andrews, I called Scott. I guess I must have sounded a little hysterical, b/c he met me there. It was about a 5 hour ordeal. (I should mention that I had spent the morning alternating between yard work and painting so I was looking pretty glamorous) The doctor says he'll be fine, just don't let him run, jump, or get overheated for a few days. He's a 5 year-old-little boy so that shouldn't be any problem at all!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
That's gonna leave a mark
So what does the stereo-typical person always say to explain their injuries? That they fell down the stairs?
Yesterday, we were out front. Eddie ran back inside to get his shoes and comes screaming out of the garage- blood gushing out of his face. He had a huge mangled red mess in his mouth and I though he bit his tongue off. This about put me in shock, until he spit out the huge mangled red mess and I remembered he had been eating a fruit roll-up. He had fallen, face first, into the wooden steps leading from the garage into the house. His nose was huge and out of shape, and I knew we needed to head to the ER. My neighbors were out on the porch and I yelled for them to come over. They stayed w/ him while I ran in the house to grab my purse etc. My one neighbor just had surgery, but still agreed to take Eddie's friend that was spending the afternoon w/ us. As I raced up to Andrews, I called Scott. I guess I must have sounded a little hysterical, b/c he met me there. It was about a 5 hour ordeal. (I should mention that I had spent the morning alternating between yard work and painting so I was looking pretty glamorous) The doctor says he'll be fine, just don't let him run, jump, or get overheated for a few days. He's a 5 year-old-little boy so that shouldn't be any problem at all!


This is his good side, but if you look close you can see how swollen the bad side is.
Yesterday, we were out front. Eddie ran back inside to get his shoes and comes screaming out of the garage- blood gushing out of his face. He had a huge mangled red mess in his mouth and I though he bit his tongue off. This about put me in shock, until he spit out the huge mangled red mess and I remembered he had been eating a fruit roll-up. He had fallen, face first, into the wooden steps leading from the garage into the house. His nose was huge and out of shape, and I knew we needed to head to the ER. My neighbors were out on the porch and I yelled for them to come over. They stayed w/ him while I ran in the house to grab my purse etc. My one neighbor just had surgery, but still agreed to take Eddie's friend that was spending the afternoon w/ us. As I raced up to Andrews, I called Scott. I guess I must have sounded a little hysterical, b/c he met me there. It was about a 5 hour ordeal. (I should mention that I had spent the morning alternating between yard work and painting so I was looking pretty glamorous) The doctor says he'll be fine, just don't let him run, jump, or get overheated for a few days. He's a 5 year-old-little boy so that shouldn't be any problem at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ouch!
ReplyDeleteFunny that he is smiling in the pictures.
ReplyDeletePoor guy!