Thursday, May 14, 2009

The red shirt-or should I say scarlet








The other day I pulled out a few of Spencer's hand-me downs for Eddie. I was pleasantly surprised, that there were several things that looked pretty good, for being a past member of Spencer's wardrobe. When Spencer was 4 he refused to wear anything w/ a collar except to church. I had brought the boys several matching polos (they were adorable) and was frustrated that he wouldn't wear them. We went on vacation to MO to visit some friends and so I only paced a limited # of outfits for each kid. Of course, I packed the matching polos. Spencer particularly hated a red striped one. They wore them to church. After church, we all changed and he was mad he couldn't, so I let him, but warned him that anytime he didn't follow the rules he had to wear the red shirt. It was the best discipline solution ever. Time-out is hard on vacation, but the "red shirt" was awesome, b/c it didn't slow the rest of us down-he'd just have to put on the shirt.

I just love Spencer. He is a great kid and makes me laugh. He is very curious and very physical, so he must touch and/ or climb on everything. Sometimes this gets him into trouble. The funny thing is when we got our pics back, Spencer was wearing the red shirt in almost everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Worth the scroll down!

    It's funny, my boys don't like collared shirts either . . . but I buy them for them because they are a "step up" from the t-shirts they wear and they need to "step up" every now and again depending on where we are! Most of McKay's pictures have him in his collared shirts also . . . although he doesn't like them! (actually I think he found that they weren't that bad)

    ReplyDelete