Friday, March 27, 2009

How was your day?

We fulfil our debt to the Air Force in a little over a year. So we have lots of important decisions to make in the next few months. We always thought we'd go into private practice so we'd have at least a small chance of ever paying off our student loans. Then they raised dental officer's pay and the economy imploded so we are re-thinking our original plan. Being raised in the military-it's all I've ever known and I'm really not sure if I can live in one spot the rest of my life. However, it might be better for the kids and we could always just change houses every few years. So I told Scott it's really his decision and I want him to decide if he'd be happier in the military or in private practice. While every job has it's downside, the endless bureaucracy of the Air Force drives him bonkers. I can tell what kind of day he had a work, by what he does as soon as he gets home:


Great Day-plays Wii w/ the kids
Good Day-Sport's Center downstairs
Average Day-Sport's Center/power nap upstairs
Below Average-nap upstairs
Bad Dad-checks Perio.org want-ads the second he gets home and then takes a nap
Really Bad Day-calls me from work to tell me about an ad he read on perio.org
Reallly Really Bad Day-calls me from work asking what I think about joining a practice in Dillingham, AK

2 comments:

  1. I wish you guys luck in making this decision! What a hard one. So many factors.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...I'm laughing really hard at the list of possible moods and corresponding behavior. So funny! We always thought we would get out too...we have MANY years before deciding, but the economy surely makes you think twice! Good luck in the decision!

    ReplyDelete